Let’s face it! The product page on your Shopify store is where visitors make the crucial decision of whether to keep on shopping or leave. Unfortunately, most online sellers tend to neglect this crucial part of the sales funnel and instead concentrate on refining the checkout page by tweaking what happens when a customer adds a product to their cart. The truth is, visitors will never get that far on your Shopify store unless you design and create solid product pages which are fully optimized to convert them into paying customers.
The role of these pages is to inform potential customers on why they should buy your product, explain what it does, and also list elaborate details of the product that will influence the customer to make a decision in your favor. And even though exquisite product description and beautiful pictures of your products are crucial, there is a lot that you need to get right so as to distinguish your product pages.
1. Don’t wait to pique customer’s interest
As any journalist and they will bear me witness that every journal magazine or newspaper should put the lead story on the front page. This implies that you should always start your product description with the details that matter and should never force store visitors to dig around your site in search of what they are looking for.
Therefore, even if you have several products to include on a single page, you should never leave shoppers guessing. I mean, it just takes a single click to lose a sale. For that reason, make it clear why the product is valuable, what it is, and do so promptly.
2. Recognize and address customer needs and concerns
When deciding on what to include on your product pages, bear in mind that there is a direct relationship between the product or service, your customers’ motivations to make a purchase, and the factors that can potentially delay or stop a purchase. To achieve this try the following.
- Showcase your product’s utility: First and foremost, understand the motivating factors that influence visitors in buying the product, plus the concerns and objections that need to be addressed. This will help you comprehend what is in the customers’ mind when making a purchase and you can leverage it to influence the decision in your favor.
- Describe the benefits of your product: By elaborately describing the benefits of your product and what it does, you will set better expectations for your customers. This will also reduce the number of returned products since customers will always have an idea of what they are buying.
3. Use live chat to answer frequently asked questions
In all customer care support channels, live chat has consistently been rated as the most effective and efficient. Perhaps, this can be attributed to the fact that customers can get answers to their questions faster which raises confidence and influences them to purchase from you.
It also lets potential customers know that you are always available to address their concerns which in turn raises your trustworthiness. And even if they don’t use it, seeing it on your product pages is enough to give them a piece of mind.
4. Supplement your visuals with GIFs and videos
One of the biggest shortcoming for online shopping is the inability to touch, feel smell or examine a product. For this reason, you have to provide your customers with high-quality pictures that will provide some level of real-life shopping experience.
And remember, images are not limited to photography and aesthetic visual designs. GIFs, high-quality photos, and video will all compliment each other to provide the customers with a seamless shopping experience. For instance:
- Make videos to answer frequently asked questions
- Use GIFs to showcase product features
5. Showcase personal testimonials and reviews
With so many online stores, reviews and testimonials have become an important aspect in establishing the authority and trust of all products. Speaking of which, the better your product is at what it is designed to do, the more positive reviews and customer testimonials you will have.
Not convinced? Well, remember that 95 percent of consumers read testimonials and reviews before buying a product or service and research indicates that these reviews and testimonials are trusted more than the product descriptions provided by the manufacturer. To be on the winning side, identify ways to capture the attention of your customers so that they can leave a social proof review to boost the trust of your products.
6. Conspicuously display guarantees and social proof
If you have an endorsed product or one with a reputable seal of approval, make sure that your customers know it by displaying a seal or a badge.
Any unique features of your product such as those touching on legitimacy and safety should also be conspicuously included on the product page, and though it is easier to include such specs in the product description, badges will stand out on the page and also save extra space to include other details.