To successfully run your E-Commerce business, you need to have various things in place, however, one of the most important is to “how do I reach out successfully to my prospects and clients?”
Well, here is the deal, we have pulled together the top 5 Marketing Strategies for your E-Commerce business. Follow this step by step guide for all the strategies and you will not only increase your online sales but also your brand recognition.
Happy Strategizing & Selling!
Your social media can have a big impact on your sales, either by influencer/affiliate marketing or simply through letting people know by sharing valuable content of your business field. Let your clients work as your brand ambassadors and widen the circle of your network and influence. At the same time, this is working as a free advertisement to you and provides not only trust but a great way of establishing your branding.
But how to start all of this?
- Think of the platforms you like to use, typically Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat work very well these days if we are talking about a B2C / online shop. Still, Facebook and Youtube are very important too. If you are not having too much time to focus on all these platforms, pick one or two but be consistent on these.
- What should you post? That is an important point, which you should define in a straightforward strategy, allowing you to step by step scale your presence. Assure to only promote your products/services by 20%. The remaining 80% should be engaging and entertaining in your field of expertise. People don’t like to get just sold to.
- Engage in conversations/comments/groups, this is an invaluable part of your social media work. It adds personality and genuine care to your business and defines business ethics too.
- Reward your followers, this can either happen with a treat of a discount to your online shop or as well in a free give away (that your followers might share in their social media again) This is known as User Generated Content, which brings you a great variety to your digital marketing
Content Marketing is the type of marketing that runs through your website or your social feeds. The important part is the content that you produce (blogs, vlogs, videos, photos, infographics or any other form of content outreach that appeals to your target audience, with the aim of attracting and reaching out to your clients, in order for them to visit and engage with your online shop/website.
Especially Blogs and Vlogs make you rank on Youtube and Google on organic search platforms/ SEO improvement by simply sharing content and being authentic to your audience.
- Have a strategy in place, e.g. Valentine’s Day special etc, “Top 5 picks for your romantic Valentine”
- Be genuinely informative “what to” “how to” guides help improving your reach either through your website or through Youtube.
- Review your strategy monthly in order to assure the suitable content.
Paid ads may not always be the first choice of digital marketing when it comes to new businesses, as it requires upfront cash, rather than the good old “hard work” way). If however, you have the extra cash on hand, PPC is a great way to generate additional sales and it is very scalable as Google Analytics provides you with great reporting insights, to excel and further drive your ROI.
- PPC works if someone clicks the ad that you have placed on, for example, Google Adwords. This click brings your prospect to your website and you get charged a fee for this lead. The charge per lead varies on the industry and competition within this industry.
- Once PPC has been set up correctly, and you are generating a return on your investment, you can simply scale up and reap out even more.
- Google Adwords might be difficult to use for you, you can appoint a digital marketing agency with your PPC campaigns, let the experts be experts on their field and work in your favor, as it is easy to lose money if you don’t know yourself how to set the campaigns professionally.
Affiliate Marketing is when you let other people market your product/s in return for a percentage or incentive of sales that you generate a result of their promotions to their networks and reach.
- Affiliate Marketing works once you can relate back to the source of the lead/sales. This usually works through a dedicated discount code. When the client/ prospect clicks on your URL and uses the discount code provided by your affiliate, the affiliate tracking software will market that specific sale to your affiliate marketer in return.
- This is an easy option for you to reach out to your target audience efficiently. The costs to pay for this may be a percentage of your sales towards your affiliate marketer, looking at the impact these marketers create, it is definitely worth looking into this scheme of digital marketing.
Email Marketing is one of the most powerful tools within your digital marketing portfolio. If you are not already using it effectively, you may be missing out on sales massively.
- Build your mailing list
If your clients/prospects do not buy from you make sure you collect their email addresses, this is the best way to reach out to them later.
- “sign up and get 10% off your first order” – this is a strong slogan to
work on your prospects, you should also allow and offer your clients to be part and join your mailing list at the checkout.
- now you can simply use their contacts to promote new or upcoming
projects, send out relevant blog articles, promote sales etc.
The key to all these is to balance, in order to not come across desperate. Assure to implement these above tools moderately and you can watch your audience and ROI grow steadily.
Happy Selling! Contact us if you need help.